Glasgow Man Caged For Shouting At Burglar

Glasgow Man Caged For Shouting At Burglar
by Danny SoZ

A Glasgow man was given two consecutive life sentences yesterday after being found guilty of shouting loudly at a burglar who had broken into his home in the early hours of the morning in December last year.

Tobias McDell, a postman from Govan with no previous convictions, wept in the dock as the sentence was handed down by Mr Justice Mockery, who recommended that he should serve the full life term with no prospect of parole.

In his address to the court, Justice Mockery said: “Society in general and the criminal fraternity, in particular, deserve a long rest from your activities. You are quite clearly a ruthless and callous man who is prepared to go to any lengths to inflict suffering and distress on anyone you perceive as a threat to your property or wife and children”.

The court previously heard that McDell 68, had been woken by a noise at his terraced council home and after arming himself with a rolled-up copy of The Daily Record, had gone downstairs to investigate.

He saw James “Jimmy The Cat” Biggs, a convicted housebreaker with over 200 previous convictions for petty theft and assault, rifling through his sideboard.

McDell then called out in a loud agitated voice “Oi, what do you think you’re doing? Get out!”, whereupon Biggs pistol-whipped Groves to the ground, fracturing his skull in 3 places, before making his escape through a window that he’d smashed to gain entry.

Biggs was later found drinking heavily in a nearby public house by police officers who topped up his pint and gave him a packet of 20 Senior Service.

The arresting officer, PC James Carter, stated: “Mr Biggs was in an absolutely shocking condition when I spotted him in the public bar of The Bunch Of Grapes public house in Maryhill.

“He looked visibly drunk and was very unsteady on his feet. Clearly, the trauma of being shouted at by McDell that night had taken a terrible toll on him.

Myself and a fellow officer, WPC Jackson, tried to comfort him and bought him a fresh pint and a pack of 20 cigarettes to steady his nerves.

“At this point, he broke down and told us of the terrible events of that evening.

“We immediately called for backup, and along with a number of officers in full riot gear, we smashed our way into McDell’s house where we found him quite blatantly lying unconscious on the kitchen floor in a pool of blood with a gaping head wound as if he didn’t have a care in the world. It was chilling to witness to be perfectly honest”.

The convicted man’s wife and children were in hiding at a secret address last night to avoid being targeted by furious local vigilante groups.

Jags News



About Dafty News 2016 Articles
Parody & Satire News Channel